Online Paediatric First Aid Training Level 3
Paediatric First Aid is the specialised form of first aid that focuses on providing immediate care to infants, children, and babies who are injured or suddenly become ill. It is crucial for parents, caregivers, teachers, and anyone who frequently interacts with children to have knowledge and skills in paediatric first aid to ensure the safety and well-being of young individuals. This online first aid training course covers everything you need.
Paediatric First Aid involves a set of principles and techniques tailored to the unique needs and vulnerabilities of children. The primary objectives are to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery.
Here are some key aspects of this online paediatric first aid training Level 3 course:
- Assessing the situation: The first step is to evaluate the scene for any potential dangers and identify the nature of the emergency. This helps ensure personal safety and appropriate action.
- CPR and basic life support: Paediatric CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) techniques differ slightly from those used for adults. It involves providing chest compressions and rescue breaths to a child or infant in cardiac arrest.
- Choking: Young children are prone to choking on small objects or food. Knowing how to perform back blows and abdominal thrusts can save a child’s life in such situations.
- Bleeding and wound care: Learning how to control bleeding through direct pressure, elevating injured limbs, and applying appropriate dressings is essential. Special attention should be given to recognising signs of severe bleeding and responding promptly.
- Fractures and sprains: Understanding how to immobilize an injured limb and provide comfort while waiting for medical help is crucial. Knowledge of basic splinting techniques can be invaluable.
- Allergic reactions and anaphylaxis: Recognising signs of allergic reactions, such as difficulty breathing, swelling, and rash, and administering emergency medication like epinephrine (EpiPen) is important.
- Burns and scalds: Understanding how to cool and manage burns and scalds, including knowing when to seek medical assistance, is essential.
- Seizures, fever, and febrile convulsions: Knowing how to support a child experiencing a seizure and what actions to take during febrile convulsions or high fever is critical.
- Poisoning and ingestion of harmful substances: Recognising signs of poisoning and understanding appropriate steps, such as calling emergency services and administering first aid, can save lives.
- Asthma attacks and other respiratory emergencies: Recognising symptoms, administering prescribed medication like inhalers, and assisting with emergency inhalation devices are important skills to possess.
Who should enrol on this ONLINE Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course
This online paediatric first aid level 3 course is suitable for anyone who works, volunteers or lives children and babies, for example babysitters, parents, carers, after-school club workers, coaches, school teaching assistants and volunteers etc. The online first aid training course is suitable for anyone wishing to learn new first aid skills or refresh their existing knowledge. No previous qualifications are needed to complete the training as all paediatric basic first aid techniques are covered in detail throughout this inline first aid training course.
Remember, paediatric first aid is a specialised area, and it is always recommended to undergo face to face formal training from certified organisations like us to gain a comprehensive understanding of these topics. Prompt action, staying calm, and providing the necessary care can significantly improve the outcome for a child in need of immediate assistance. If you need to complete the full face to face Ofsted recognised Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course then click here.
Ofsted recommendations for first aid in schools, early years and further education – click here
Will I Become a Qualified First-Aider After Completing This Course?
No – although this course is a great CPD accredited course built for the purpose of a refresher, you will need to attend a face to face course to comply with Ofsted and/or the HSE requirements.
Certification – Online Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course
This online Paediatric First Aid Level 3 training course is accredited by The CPD Group as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This online first aid training course is also built inline with Ofsted’s First Aid in Schools, early years and further education – click here.
On successful completion of this course you will be immediately able to print off your quality assured certificate – which will rest in your account until your certificate expiry date. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
HSE, Environmental Health, Insurance Companies, Ofsted, ISI, ISA, HMIE, Estyn, Sports and Medical regulating bodies and childminding agencies.
What does this online first aid training course cover
The Primary Survey – Casualty Management, The Priorities of Treatment, First Aid Kits, Record Keeping and The Primary Survey.
The Secondary Survey – The Recovery Position, Spinal Injuries, Shock and Serious Bleeding.
Resuscitation – CPR for Adults, Children and Babies and AED (Defibrillators)
First Aid for Secondary Injuries – Burns and Scalds, Head Injuries, Fractures/Broken Bones, Eye Injuries, Choking, Allergies (Auto Injector use), Asthma, Heat Stroke, Nose Bleeds and Cuts and Grazes.
Illnesses and Conditions – Diabetes, Epilepsy, Febrile Convulsions, Sprains and Strains and Poisoning.
Approx. 6 hours to complete / Progress automatically saved.
Assessment – Multiple choice questions / Pass Mark 75%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don’t pass then don’t panic! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra cost.
Valid for 3 Years. Download and print your certificate.
The aims / learner outcomes of the online Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course:
By the end of this online first aid training course, you will:
- Understand workplace first aid regulations.
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a casualty.
- Know how to administer CPR to a casualty.
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock.
- Know how to put casualties in the recovery position.
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries, fractures and dislocations.
- Know how to care for people suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies and epileptic seizures.
- Understand the importance of recordkeeping.
We deliver first Aid training at our training centre in Hertfordshire and can also visit your venue too
Settings that need to comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework should assess their needs and consider the full Paediatric First Aid Course.