This Introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene Level 1 | Online Food Safety Training course has been created for workers who are not directly involved with the preparation or handling of high-risk foods but work in an environment where food is present or handled elsewhere. This also includes those, who work with wrapped or pre-packaged foods. For example: Front of house employees, Checkout staff, Waiters, Bar workers, Food delivery drivers and riders, Kitchen porters, Low-risk food retailers (e.g. newsagents, sweet shops) and warehouse staff.
The Food Safety and Hygiene Level 1 | Online Food Safety Training provides learners with up-to-date information using a range of videos to ensure learners thoroughly understand their food safety responsibilities inline with the law.
Food safety and hygiene training is crucial in and around catering providers for several reasons. Firstly, it ensures the safety of customers by minimising the risk of foodborne illnesses. Catering staff learn proper food handling, storage, and preparation techniques to prevent contamination and maintain hygiene standards.
Online Introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene Level 1 Training
Moreover, online food safety training contributes to building a good reputation. Customers expect safe and high-quality food from catering services. By demonstrating a commitment to food safety through proper training, businesses earn trust, customer satisfaction, and positive recommendations.
Training also plays a vital role in effective risk management. Catering establishments face various risks, including cross-contamination and allergen contamination. Training equips staff with knowledge on identifying and mitigating potential hazards, reducing the likelihood of incidents and protecting both customers and the business. Training sessions cover various topics such as Legislation around Food Safety, Premises, Equipment and Cleaning, Personal Hygiene, Contamination and Food Safety Control, Temperature Management Systems, Food Poisoning & Bacteriology, The Control of Organisms (Pests) and Food Storage and Deliveries.
Additionally, online food safety training can lead to cost savings. By preventing foodborne illnesses and contamination, businesses avoid legal expenses, reputational damage, and loss of customers. Proper food handling and waste management practices taught in training can also minimise food waste and associated costs.
Who should enrol on this Food Safety and Hygiene Level Online Food Safety Training course
This Online Food Safety and Hygiene Level 1 training course is designed for workers who are not directly involved with the preparation or handling of high-risk foods but work in an environment where food is present or handled elsewhere. This also includes those, who work with wrapped or pre-packaged foods. For example: Front of house employees, Checkout staff, Waiters, Bar workers, Food delivery drivers and riders, Kitchen porters, Low-risk food retailers (e.g. newsagents, sweet shops) and warehouse staff.
Certification – Online Food Safety and Hygiene Level 1 Training
This online Food Safety and Hygiene Level 1 training course is accredited by The CPD Group as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also built inline with the food standards agency – food hygiene ratings.
On successful completion of this course you will be immediately able to print off your quality assured certificate – which will rest in your account until your certificate expiry date. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
HSE, Environmental Health, Insurance Companies, Ofsted, ISI, ISA, HMIE, Estyn, Sports and Medical regulating bodies and childminding agencies.
For the food standards agency – click here
What does this course cover
Legislation around Food Safety, Food Safety Hazards, Equipment and Cleaning, Personal Hygiene, Contamination and Food Safety Control, Temperature Management Systems, Food Poisoning & Bacteriology, The Control of Organisms (Pests) and Food Storage and Deliveries.
Approx. 1-2 hours to complete / Progress automatically saved.
Assessment – Multiple choice questions / Pass Mark 65%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don’t pass then don’t panic! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra cost.
Valid for 3 Years. Download and print your certificate.
The aims / learner outcomes of the online food safety and hygiene Level 1 training course:
- Understand the importance of food safety: Learners should gain an understanding of why food safety is crucial in preventing foodborne illnesses and maintaining public health.
- Identify potential food hazards: Students should be able to recognise and identify various types of food hazards, including biological, chemical, and physical hazards, that can contaminate food and pose risks to consumers.
- Follow proper food handling practices: Learners should be able to apply appropriate food handling techniques, such as proper handwashing, safe food storage, and temperature control, to prevent cross-contamination and maintain food quality and safety.
- Comply with food safety regulations and standards: Students should become familiar with relevant food safety regulations and industry standards, such as the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system, and understand the importance of compliance to ensure food safety.
- Implement personal hygiene practices: Learners should understand the significance of personal hygiene in food handling and be able to apply good personal hygiene practices, including proper attire, hand hygiene, and overall cleanliness, to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Recognise and control foodborne illnesses: Students should gain knowledge of common foodborne illnesses, their causes, symptoms, and prevention strategies. They should also understand the importance of reporting and responding to suspected foodborne illness incidents.
- Develop effective cleaning and sanitization practices: Learners should be able to implement appropriate cleaning and sanitization procedures for food preparation areas, utensils, and equipment to maintain a hygienic environment and prevent contamination.
- Demonstrate safe food preparation techniques: Students should be able to apply safe food preparation techniques, including proper cooking temperatures, handling raw and cooked foods separately, and avoiding cross-contamination during food preparation.
- Understand food labeling and allergen management: Learners should become familiar with food labeling requirements, including allergen labeling, and understand how to manage and communicate information about potential allergens to ensure consumer safety.
- Apply food safety knowledge in real-world scenarios: Students should be able to apply the concepts, principles, and skills learned in the course to real-world situations, such as identifying and addressing potential food safety hazards in a kitchen or food service establishment.
Did you know we deliver first Aid training at our training centre in Hertfordshire and can also visit your venue
Settings that need to comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework should assess their needs and should consider the full Paediatric First Aid Course.