CPR stands for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. It is an emergency procedure performed on a person who is in cardiac arrest or experiencing a sudden cardiac event. CPR is a combination of chest compressions and rescue breaths aimed at maintaining some blood flow and oxygenation to the body until advanced medical help arrives. This is where CPR Awareness Training comes in.
CPR Awareness Training
The main goals of the CPR Awareness Training course is to explain how easy it is to perform CPR. CPR will to manually circulate oxygenated blood to the vital organs, particularly the brain, and to restore a normal heartbeat. By performing chest compressions, you help maintain blood circulation, while rescue breaths deliver oxygen to the person’s lungs. CPR can significantly increase the chances of survival until professional medical assistance is available.
It is important to note that CPR techniques and guidelines may vary slightly between organisations and countries. However, the general principles involve calling for emergency medical help, starting chest compressions, and providing rescue breaths until professional help arrives or an automated external defibrillator (AED) is available to deliver an electric shock to the heart if needed. Proper training in CPR techniques is highly recommended to ensure effectiveness and safety during an emergency.
Who should enrol on this Online CPR Awareness Training course
This Online CPR Awareness Training course has been created to work best with settings such as (and not limited to) Offices, Factories, Maintenance, Schools, Academies, Nurseries and Per-Schools, Sports Centres, Sports Teams, Leisure centres, Clinics, Surgeries, Health Centres, lone workers, out of school and afterschool settings.
Link to the HSE Website – click here
Remember, workplace first aid / first aid at work is a specialised area, and it is always recommended to undergo face to face formal training from certified organisations like ourselves to gain a comprehensive understanding of these topics. Prompt action, staying calm, and providing the necessary care can significantly improve the outcome for a casualty in need of immediate assistance. If you need to complete the full face to face HSE recognised First Aid at Work Level 3 course then click here.
Ofsted recommendations for first aid in schools, early years and further education – click here
Will I Become a Qualified First-Aider After Completing This Course?
No – although this course is a great CPD accredited course built for the purpose of generating an awareness, you will need to attend a face to face course to comply with Ofsted and/or the HSE requirements.
Certification – Online CPR Awareness Training
This online CPR Awareness training course is accredited by The CPD Group as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also built inline with the European Resuscitation Council Guidelines – click here
On successful completion of this course you will be immediately able to print off your quality assured certificate – which will rest in your account until your certificate expiry date. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
HSE, Environmental Health, Insurance Companies, Ofsted, ISI, ISA, HMIE, Estyn, Sports and Medical regulating bodies and childminding agencies.
What does this online first aid training course cover
The Primary Survey – Casualty Management, The Priorities of Treatment, First Aid Kits, Hygiene, Record Keeping and The Primary Survey.
The Secondary Survey – The Recovery Position and Choking.
Resuscitation – CPR for Adults, Children and Babies and AED (Defibrillators)
Approx. 2 hours to complete / Progress automatically saved.
Assessment – Multiple choice questions / Pass Mark 75%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don’t pass then don’t panic! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra cost.
Valid for 3 Years. Download and print your certificate.
The aims / learner outcomes of the online CPR Awareness Training course:
By the end of this online CPR Awareness Training course, you will:
- Understanding the importance of CPR: Learners should grasp the significance of CPR in saving lives and improving outcomes during cardiac emergencies.
- Recognising cardiac emergencies: Participants should be able to identify signs and symptoms of a cardiac arrest or other related emergencies, such as unresponsiveness, absence of breathing, or abnormal breathing patterns.
- Activating the emergency response system: Learners should understand the proper steps to take in activating the local emergency medical services (EMS) or calling for help, ensuring that professional assistance is on the way.
- Performing chest compressions: Participants should acquire the skills to perform high-quality chest compressions, including the correct hand placement, compression depth, and rate.
- Delivering rescue breaths: Learners should learn how to provide effective rescue breaths using various techniques, such as mouth-to-mouth or using a pocket mask or barrier device.
- Utilising an automated external defibrillator (AED): Training includes instruction on how to use an AED to deliver electric shocks to the heart if necessary and understanding the role of AEDs in resuscitation.
- Working effectively in a team: CPR training often emphasises the importance of effective communication and teamwork during resuscitation efforts, particularly in a healthcare or first responder setting.
- Responding to special circumstances: Participants will learn how to adapt CPR techniques to specific populations, such as infants and children, as well as considering factors like choking.
Did you know we deliver first Aid training at our training centre in Hertfordshire and can also visit your venue
Settings that need to comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework should assess their needs and should consider the full Paediatric First Aid Course.