Anaphylaxis awareness training / Allergy Awareness / (adrenaline auto-injector/epipen training / epipens) is essential for individuals who may encounter or care for people with severe allergies. Anaphylaxis is a severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction that requires immediate medical attention. By understanding the signs, symptoms, and appropriate response to anaphylaxis, you can effectively assist someone using this online first aid training experiencing an allergic emergency. Some of the key points covered in this anaphylaxis awareness training are listed below:
What is anaphylaxis / Common triggers / Signs and symptoms / Emergency response plan / Prevention and risk reduction / Training on epinephrine auto-injector / First Aid supporting Anaphylaxis / Support and awareness / Follow-up resources
Who should enrol on this Online Anaphylaxis Awareness Training course
This Online Anaphylaxis Awareness Training course has been created to work best with settings such as (and not limited to) Offices, Factories, Maintenance, Schools, Academies, Nurseries and Per-Schools, Sports Centres, Sports Teams, Leisure centres, Clinics, Surgeries, Health Centres, lone workers, out of school and afterschool settings.
Link to the HSE Website – click here
Remember, workplace first aid / first aid at work is a specialised area, and it is always recommended to undergo face to face formal training from certified organisations like ourselves to gain a comprehensive understanding of these topics. Prompt action, staying calm, and providing the necessary care can significantly improve the outcome for a casualty in need of immediate assistance. If you need to complete the full face to face HSE recognised First Aid at Work Level 3 course then click here.
Ofsted recommendations for first aid in schools, early years and further education – click here
Will I Become a Qualified First-Aider After Completing This Course?
No – although this course is a great CPD accredited course built for the purpose of generating an awareness, you will need to attend a face to face course to comply with Ofsted and/or the HSE requirements.
Certification – Online Anaphylaxis Awareness Training
This online Anaphylaxis Awareness training course is accredited by The CPD Group as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also built inline with the European Resuscitation Council Guidelines – click here
On successful completion of this course you will be immediately able to print off your quality assured certificate – which will rest in your account until your certificate expiry date. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
HSE, Environmental Health, Insurance Companies, Ofsted, ISI, ISA, HMIE, Estyn, Sports and Medical regulating bodies and childminding agencies.
What does this online first aid training course cover
The Primary Survey – Casualty Management, The Priorities of Treatment, First Aid Kits, Hygiene, Record Keeping and The Primary Survey.
The Secondary Survey – The Recovery Position and Choking.
Resuscitation – CPR for Adults, Children and Babies and AED (Defibrillators)
Approx. 2 hours to complete / Progress automatically saved.
Assessment – Multiple choice questions / Pass Mark 75%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don’t pass then don’t panic! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra cost.
Valid for 3 Years. Download and print your certificate.
The aims / learner outcomes of the online Anaphylaxis Awareness Training course:
By the end of this online first aid training course, you will:
- Understanding anaphylaxis: Participants should gain a comprehensive understanding of what anaphylaxis is, its causes, and the potential severity of the condition.
- Recognising signs and symptoms: Participants should be able to identify the common signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis, both mild and severe, in order to respond promptly and appropriately.
- Emergency response skills: Participants should acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to respond effectively during an anaphylactic emergency, including knowing when to call for medical assistance, assisting with the administration of epinephrine auto-injectors, and providing basic life support measures.
- Risk reduction and prevention strategies: Participants should learn strategies to prevent anaphylactic reactions and reduce the risk of exposure to allergens in various environments, such as homes, schools, workplaces, and public spaces.
- Proper use of epinephrine auto-injectors: If relevant to the audience, participants should gain hands-on training and demonstrate competency in the correct administration of epinephrine auto-injectors, understanding proper dosage, site selection, and disposal.
- Communication and support: Participants should develop effective communication skills to support individuals experiencing anaphylaxis or severe allergies, including offering reassurance, providing clear instructions, and advocating for their needs.
- Legal and ethical considerations: Participants should become aware of any legal or ethical responsibilities when dealing with anaphylactic emergencies, including issues of consent, confidentiality, and the importance of following established protocols and guidelines.
- Promoting awareness and inclusivity: Participants should understand the importance of raising awareness about anaphylaxis and promoting an inclusive environment for individuals with severe allergies, including advocating for allergen labelling and accommodating allergen-free environments.
- Accessing resources: Participants should be aware of available resources, such as educational materials, support groups, and professional organizations, to continue their learning and stay updated on best practices in anaphylaxis management.
Did you know we deliver first Aid training at our training centre in Hertfordshire and can also visit your venue
Settings that need to comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework should assess their needs and should consider the full Paediatric First Aid Course.