First Aid at Work: Can you afford not to?
The First Aid at Work Training in Hertfordshire course is designed for individuals who are required to be First Aiders in the Workplace, / Workplace First Aid, as mandated by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. The course is in line with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, ensuring that participants receive comprehensive and up-to-date training. You can attend First Aid at Work training in Hertfordshire, First Aid Training in Bedfordshire and First Aid at Work Training in Hemel Hempstead. Contact the training centre for further information.
First Aid at Work
First Aid at Work equips individuals with essential skills for immediate assistance in the workplace. It aims to preserve life, prevent worsening conditions, and promote recovery. Responders assess scene safety, check responsiveness, and activate emergency services if necessary. Techniques include CPR, AED usage, and controlling bleeding. The first aid at work training in Hertfordshire covers managing choking, stabilising fractures, providing first aid for burns, and recognising medical emergencies. It addresses common workplace injuries and implements preventive measures for hazards. Ultimately, it enables prompt and effective responses, ensuring colleagues’ well-being and minimising the impact of workplace incidents.
If you are unable to provide adequate first aid cover in the workplace you could be at risk of fines, imprisonment or even bad media or a poor reputation.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular First Aid at Work Questions and Answers
How long does the Full First Aid at work training take to complete?
This is a 3 day course however, many companies including ourselves choose to complete the course as a Blended course half online and half face to face. This will make the face to face aspect of the course approximately 1.5 days in length.
What are your instructor ratios?
Inline with HSE and our awarding body we deliver the course with a maximum of 1:12 meaning 1 instructor to 12 candidates. The majority of our classes are delivered on a ration of 1:6 meaning one instructor to 6 candidates.
Can the First Aid at Work training course be delivered at my venue or must I attend a course at your venue?
The Training Centre can deliver this First Aid at Work Training in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and further afield. We also deliver this first aid training in Hemel Hempstead from our own training centre.
Must I complete the online first aid training before attending the face to face training?
Yes – you must complete the online first aid training before attending the face to face training.
What is the cost of this First Aid at Work training in Hertfordshire?
Individuals – The individual cost at our training centre in Hemel Hempstead is £195pp.
Here are some common learner outcomes that can be expected from our comprehensive First Aid at Work Training in Hertfordshire program:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider in the workplace.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements and regulations related to first aid in the workplace.
- Assess the scene of an incident and prioritise the management of multiple casualties.
- Demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills during a first aid situation.
- Perform primary and secondary assessments of an injured or ill person.
- Provide appropriate first aid treatment for a range of injuries and illnesses, such as bleeding, burns, fractures, choking, and cardiac arrest.
- Understand and demonstrate the proper use of first aid equipment and resources.
First Aid at Work Continued
- Recognise and provide appropriate first aid for common workplace hazards, such as chemical exposures, electrical injuries, and ergonomic issues.
- Identify and manage medical emergencies, including heart attacks, strokes, seizures, and allergic reactions.
- Understand the importance of ongoing monitoring and reassessment of an injured or ill person’s condition.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and collaboration in a first aid scenario.
- Maintain accurate records and report incidents and injuries to the appropriate authorities.
- Stay up-to-date with current best practices and guidelines in first aid through continuous learning and professional development.
These outcomes are intended to equip learners with the necessary knowledge, skills, and confidence to effectively respond to a variety of first aid situations in the workplace.